My Beautiful Babies!

My Beautiful Babies!
Traejan & Alana

Sunday, July 29, 2012

18 Months!


Traejan turned 18 months old this week (crazy how time flies!) and although nursery has been a flop so far. I still have hope that he won’t scream bloody murder for an hour next week J

In honor of this monumental half birthday, I made an original poem for the boy who has made Tyson and I’s lives complete (well for now...)

T- Table-dancin’ fool.  Traejan loves to climb on the table and strut his stuff.   He thinks he is pretty bad-A once he makes it up there so he usually does a little wiggle dance or jumps all around the top of the table out of pride in his accomplishment.

R-Rambunctious. Traejan is a boy and therefore, he is rambunctious.

A-Avid swimmer- We go swimming or play in the water just about every day and he’s a pretty good at it.  He blows bubbles, and holds his breath, we let go of him and he swims a couple feet to the steps of the pool. Of course, I cannot take credit for his swimming abilities… Tyson is the one who first dunked him under water and then let go to see what he could do.  His dad is his all-time favorite person to play with in the pool.

E- Exemplary.  Traejan loves to fold his arms and say prayers.  Although his reverence only lasts so long, we think it is so cute that we usually say at least 5 little prayers a day.

J-popsicle Junkie- or pretty much anything sweet, whether it is candy, juice, or soda, we have to hide these sugary items in our house now.

A-Active- Almost like a machine, Traejan has two different modes: OFF (which is sleeping) and SUPER Energy Boost Power On mode (which is every time he is not sleeping).  People who are around Traejan for very long usually say, “Well isn’t he busy!”  I never get anything done when he is awake because most his waking hours I spend chasing or hovering over him because the minute I turn my head it’s like he is automatically drawn to the most potentially dangerous thing or activity in the vicinity.

N- Nice.  We have been working on “nice” or “gentle” touches in our home and he’s actually gotten pretty good at it. (All of those timeouts were not in vain!) The gentle pats on my head melt my heart almost as much as his clingy big hugs when I get home from work.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

What a cute way to celebrate/remember his half birthday!